Sunday, March 22, 2009

Concours means "old" - Sunday 3/15/09

I recently had the wonderful opportunity to visit the 2009 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island. Funny thing is that this renowned car show has been occurring on Amelia Island since 1996. I've lived there since 1990, but sometimes you have to leave before you can appreciate what was in your own backyard! I never realized how much I love classic (a/k/a old) cars until last week. I'm a Libra..and so being...I like anything exquisite, beautiful, classic, stunning, and appealing to the discriminating eye. I walked around looking at all the classic automobiles. I'm also a history buff, so just ot be in the presence of unique and special vehicles was an understatement. Think of all the history each one of these special classics have seen. World War I? The Roaring 20's? The Great Depression? World War II? Korea? Post-Kennedy assasination? Vietnam?

Each Car Class presented a unique look into the triumphs and tribulations of our nation. What we've experienced..what we've overcome. And the owners seem to be as enthusiastic and impassioned as we are with our iPods, our Wii's and our wireless connections. These things aren't so beautiful, but maybe our great-grandchildren will visit a unique show that displays our passion.

For me? These cars are a direct relationship with our parents, grandparents, and personal history. I'm going to make every effort to follow these personal collections to Miami Concours or the Desert Concours. Want to join me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!